Here’s a note I received from WordPress. I’m confident it wasn’t sent from a prince in a foreign country. It asks for no money but offers instruction as to how to share blog posts to G suite followers.
You may want to ask your users to perform the actions below:
- A new version of the Google+ Android app will be released on February 22, 2019. Your G Suite Android users will need to update the Google+ Android app before March 7, 2019, to continue using Google+ on their mobile devices. Old versions of the app will no longer be supported.
- If your users own or moderate a community outside your domain and there are consumer contributions that they would like to keep, they should download and save them before April 2019. If they download the data now, they will get links to community posts. Starting early March 2019, they will also be able to download the author, body, and photos for every community post in a public community.
- Google+ pages and events will be deleted for both G Suite and consumer users if there is content your users would like to keep, they should download and save it before April 2019. If they would like to keep their Google+ tagline, please have them download and save their Profile data.
- Google+ gadgets in classic Google Sites will no longer work starting March 7, 2019, so you and your users may want to remove them. Google+ embeds in the new Google Sites will continue to work.
- If your users opted in to the Google Play Services Public Beta Program, they may experience issues using Google apps like Gmail and Hangouts as we begin shutting down consumer Google+. To avoid any interruption in service, G Suite users can leave the Beta Program.
For more information, see this Help Center article, which may be updated periodically, or contact G Suite support and reference issue number 123433241.
The G Suite Team