Sorry I haven’t written for awhile. Things have kept me a bit busy … the short down & dirty version:
- Out of nowhere I suffered a massive seizure April 1st and found out that I had a tumor the size of a man’s fist on my brain.
- Had brain surgery April 11th after ten days of taking preparatory medication for the surgery.
- Surgery was a success … because of the adhesion it was from the tumor necessary to remove some skull bone and a pinch of brain matter along with the tumor.
- Came home after two days in the hospital to spend almost three months strictly recuperating.
- The only noticeable issues at this time area bit of weakness on my right side, slight challenges with balance, and a smidgen of issue with memory.
Needless to say, it’s been an incredible roller coaster ride; I found myself thrust into situations that I never thought I’d experience. I’ve cried and laughed, prayed and yelled, reviewed my life and prepared for the worst possible outcome … but I never once felt God left me to deal with the craziness all alone.
Thank you, all of you, who have stayed by my side through this ordeal. I have read your cards and emails, felt your prayers, and never doubted that your presence in my life helped me in the process of healing.
Because I wanted to make sure friends and family members could follow my medical progress, I spend time writing about processing all my life changes as well as physical changes due to my medical condition at www.caringbride.org/visit/robinluftig, but I think it’s time to come back to my new home at http://robinluftig.com/. Feel free to check out Caringbridge.org. It’s a wonderful site that offers many people a place to vent as well as count blessings. It was a godsend to me.
But enough about me; let me know about your Spring … I’ve told you about mine.